Start a new topic

What is the process of moving a car from the US to Canada? I currently have a leased car.

What is the process of moving a car from the US to Canada? I currently have a leased car.

Most likely, you won’t be allowed to move the car under the terms of the lease contract you signed. This is especially true if the company financing your lease doesn’t do business in the U.S. or in the state that you’re moving to in the U.S.

Furthermore, if the lease company had to repossess your car for any reason, laws in the U.S. may prevent them from doing so. Therefore, the lease company may not want their car to be moved out of country.

You will likely be required to terminate your lease, which might be very expensive, depending on how far along you are into the lease. The lease company will not forgive your debt because you are moving.

The way to get the real answer to your question is to simply call your lease finance company and ask.

Agree with the previous statement. Still, personally I used to import a car from Canada through that broker https://clearit.ca/. Very fast and excellent support team. I had no clue what I was doing but they walked me right through the process without overwhelming me.

Login or Signup to post a comment