What’s the use of a website when it is not getting any traffic? The the entire purpose of the website is to receive visitors and depending on the type of site drive some form of revenue. Unfortunately, not every website manages to generate a decent amount of monthly traffic, let alone maintain a retention rate.
So, if you are struggling as well, then you are in the same boat as many. Moreover, with so many ways to drive traffic to your website, it can become overwhelming to choose the right route. You do not have to try every strategy available under the sun, but with the list we prepared for you can help in choosing and devising the right plan for yourself.
1) Content Creation
You must have heard about ‘content is king’. Which still hold true and when done correctly, can attract the right visitors that you require. Blogging is one form of content that you can target in your website. But before you get your thinking and creative caps on, you need to be very clear about the ‘kind’ of audience that you have. In case of inbound marketing or content marketing, you need to be well versed with the buyer persona.
Once you have the knowledge about your audience, you need to decide on the tone of your blogs.
Still, if you are confused as to how to produce a good blog post that attracts visitors –then here’s what you need to keep in check.
· Know your audience and find out their pain points.
· Conduct thorough SEO research, so your content is optimized with the right keywords that people are searching for.
· Write down your first draft and keep changing until you are satisfied.
· Publish your blog post on your website.
· Promote on social channels as publishing your blog aren’t enough and reaching out to the right audience on social accounts will boost your traffic avenues.
2) Paid Advertising
You cannot expect your blog to receive massive traffic organically and have to rely on paid strategies for more visibility and reach. For this, advertisements work great to drive traffic to your site in a short span of time.
Popular Paid Online Strategies
In case you are wondering what are the most successful paid strategies to increase website traffic, then they are as follows:
· Social Media Ads
· Influencer Marketing
· Display Ads
· Paid Search (Google AdWords or Bing Ads)
· Sponsored Content
· Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
If you speak about the ‘trend’ then influencer marketing and social media advertisements can yield great results. Besides, according to 2020 CMO Survey, social spending is projected to see a rise of 62% over the span of five years.
3) Contests and Giveaways
Who doesn’t like free stuff? Contests and giveaways are the oldest marketing trick in the book by now and it still is very effective for traffic generation. This can give your site more followers on social accounts and the boost your site requires.
There are a few things you should keep in mind:
· Know which platform your target audience largely resides that will take interest in your site. Once determined, then conduct your giveaway or content on it. Doesn’t have to be one platform only. You can run the campaign on multiple social accounts.
· Choose an interesting and exciting prize that your audience will gravitate towards and participate in the contest.
· Select participating criteria that are beneficial for you; like email sign-up, follow other social accounts, recommend friends to like your page, son, and so forth.
· Write creative ad copy supported by eye-catching graphics.
· Post, promote, and interact.
4) Guest Posting
This technique also generates traffic to your site. Guest posting is your articles on other websites that link to your site giving you the backlinks you need whilst also sending traffic to your site.
The real work that is required when planning on guest posting is finding the right sites that complement your own brand(site). Once tracked and listed, you can then pitch your drafted blog posts to them. If they are impressed, they’ll accept and post it on their site.
Consequently, you are also becoming active within the community as well.
This brings us to our next strategy:
5) Quality and Valuable Backlinks
Websites are in a constant race to rank higher in search engines. For this, one way to go about it is building authority within the relevant industry. How to build authority of your website? By acquiring quality backlinks. If websites that have high authority link to your site, the credibility of your site also increases.
There are two major points are at play here, when you receive quality backlinks:
· It boosts your ranking and brings in referral traffic.
· Backlinks play a major role in affecting your ranking within search engines.
These top 5 strategies are bound to boost your traffic and ranking. However, if your website isn’t properly developed and at its best health Then all these efforts are useless. This is why, it is best to contact one of the software development companies in Houston and give your site a massive upgrade. One that will yield great results!
Thank you for sharing these tips and tricks with us. Honestly, this is really helpful for people trying to target the maximum audience in their businesses. Whenever I need such help I always contact UK assignments experts. Also, you have cleared all of the points that they are easily understandable.